- April 15, 2020
- Posted by: Alana Hodgins
- Category: COVID-19 Updates
For those who are waiting to access the government JobKeeper subsidy, please find the following additional information on what you will need to do to be ready when applications open next week.
- Check if you and your nominated employees meet the eligibility requirements.
- Subscribe to updates on the ATO website so the ATO can let you know when new information is available.
- Notify eligible employees that you (their employer) intend to participate in the JobKeeper scheme.
- Confirm with eligible employees that they agree to you being the primary employer to receive JobKeeper Payments.
- Send the nominated employees the JobKeeper Employee Nomination Notice to complete and return to you.
- Keep the Employee Nomination Form on file.
- Pay the minimum $1,500 to each eligible employee per JobKeeper fortnight. The first fortnight starts on 30 March and ends on 12 April. Alternatively, you can make one combined payment of $3,000 for the first two fortnights paid by the end of April 2020.
- Enrol for JobKeeper from 20 April using the Business Portal and authenticate with myGovID.
- Sole traders are eligible for the JobKeeper Payment for one business participant if their business has experienced a downturn. You can find out more about eligibility for sole traders through our JobKeeper Payment scheme page.
If you need any assistance in applying or preparing the documentation to apply, please contact us.